Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Story Continues.

The amazing story of God and his people continues...

This was received from a member of our community in relation to sharing a Thanksgiving meal at a local AIDS hospice that is home to 29 men and women living with and dying from HIV/AIDS. I love the honesty. It is inspiring. Loving is not always easy but it is right and it is good. They took a leap into unknown God territory. It takes a leap of faith to follow Jesus into the places that naturally we would rather not go. I am proud to be the church with people just like this.

They say, "Just wanted to let you know that I will be at North Winds tomorrow. I have to be honest with you, I’m excited for the chance to grow and learn and love on people, but I am very anxious about it as well, because I hate to say it, I have never done anything like this before. Is that not crazy? I committed my life to Christ over ten years ago and have never stepped out of my comfort zone enough to love on people...... I am looking forward to it, but I wanted you to know, in case you saw me acting a little weird, or not looking like, I know what I’m doing, it’s because I don’t know what I’m doing. I know it’s just about sharing life with people, which I am good at, but anything you can point out to me would be helpful."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maaaaan.

That actually had me crying. Is it just me, or does anyone else read that and think "That's how I oughta be praying"? I have to think that whoever wrote that is in for an abundant life.

Josh Harris

David Perkins said...

This is awesome. Way to BE the hands of Jesus in a broken world. This is where Jesus would spend His Thanksgiving...