Friday, March 14, 2008

Sacred Pathways.

Another beautiful early spring day in Oklahoma City! Late this afternoon I'm headed to Egan, OK to some remote retreat center to teach at a youth retreat for Edmond First United Methodist Church.

In a couple of different sessions tomorrow I will talk about the rhythm of a disciple: Come, Follow Me, Go, Be Like Me, Make Disciples, Come, Follow Me, Go, Be Like Me, Make Disciples.

But tonight as we open the retreat with a time of worship. I will get the chance to open and set the stage for the rest of the weekend. And I hope and pray that the Holy Spirit will shatter some of the preconceived religious notions and baggage that many of these young people will be weighed down by. Religion is a crushing load. My guess is that many of them will need to be set free in order to follow Jesus.

I hope that their relationship with God will be loosed from the box it has been confined to. Remember, there is no box! I pray they will experience the freedom to live and experience God in new and refreshing ways. In the ways they were uniquely wired to.

I am going to utilize some big ideas and resources from a book by Gary L. Thomas, "Sacred Pathways". Here is a link to an assessment that will help identify your Sacred Pathway. Check it out.

http://common.northpoint.org/sacredpathway.html

No comments: