Wednesday, April 2, 2008

City Rescue Mission.

Last night I spent a couple of hours with Ryan Edwards over dinner at Lido.


Ryan and I go back a few years now to when we were living in Colorado Springs. It's amazing to think about how God has led Ryan through a wild journey in the last year or so.


Ryan connected with the mission and vision that surrounded the Mars Hill Journey from the get go. He and I spend Friday afternoons in Colorado just talking and dreaming about the future of this church that did not yet physically exist but existed very much in our hearts.


Ryan quit his job, left his friends and moved to OKC where the only people he knew was my little family. He has faithfully served this church-planting effort in ways that only God can adequately reward him for.


Today, he is living among the beautiful and broken people at the City Rescue Mission along with Ester Kim from the Mars Hill Community and several others. I love that young men and women in their twenties are pursuing and spreading a kingdom that lasts forever.


And yes, that's peanut butter easy cheeze style - disgusting, I know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ryan and Esther are special people that I am privileged to call friends.

Ryan is a quite guy that has an extremely loud heart.

Esther is an amazing person that has been in a transformation over the past year that can only be attributed to the Holy Spirit.

I am so humbled to be in a community of people passionate about Christ and passionate about people.

Anonymous said...

Finally! Somebody else outed them! I've been dying to blog about where all the disciplers for the Refuge OKC have moved into temporarily, but I felt like I'd be speaking out of turn...so I didn't. I was even going to make a big deal out of it in my whole "Transparency" series. Fortunately for me my Hard drive died and I've been too busy fixing my step-daughter's PC to fix my own until today. So I didn't get to write my post on Transparency that included my "visits" easter sabbath to the Refuge, where I found out that Esther of "Who said anything about safe" and all of them were actually living at the Mission until they can move into their rooms at the Refuge, and then Sunday afternoon when I went by your church, only to find out that y'all had church that easter morning, and then I went to Crown & Cross where I actually met the 3 kids who live the whole "Use me here" blogged experiences that amaze and awe me so much and I saw that they were just 3 young people God was using in an amazing way, but I didn't actually post about all this until today when I got side-tracked on personal memories and finally said to myself, "oh forget it, you'll never get all this across, especially not how blown away you are these other young people are actually living at a downtown mission and how that blows me away" so I just ended the series and here I get to, well, dump it in a comment on your blog in this long, unending, paravanish, run-on sentence. What a relief! (grin)
Oh, and don't make fun of "peanut butter easy cheeze style - disgusting"...that IS my style. (grin)