Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Fruit of Sharefest.

On Sharefest Saturday as we mowed, pulled weeds, picked up trash, hauled off debris, planted flowers, etc., I had the wonderful opportunity to meet Jessica, a single mom of four.

That particular day she was moving - from her sister's house on 11th & Indiana to 33rd & McKinley. She was pushing a shopping cart down the street with her personal belongings overflowing. I inquired as to what she was doing and she informed me that she was moving. To which I asked if she was moving with a shopping cart. To which she replied yes. To which I said, not anymore you're not.

We shifted gears that afternoon and help Jessica and her four beautiful kids - Jaeviyon age 7, Anthony age 6, Jada age 2 and Montrell age 1, move into their own place, a little garage apartment.

Sunday night we took an offering in order to help fill her fridge and pantry with food. While I delivered the groceries last night, I noticed she didn't have a washer or dryer. And because of a minor housing disaster in my own family, we happen to have our washer and dryer sitting in storage for the next six months.

So later this week I will take her ours. I would gladly go through our housing disaster again, because of it we are now in a place to give her a washer and dryer.

Acts 4:32-35 says, "All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had. With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God's grace was so powerfully at work in them all that there were NO NEEDY PERSONS among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales and put it at the apostles fee, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.

2 comments:

Jarka the Karka said...

I'm happy you can help.

Anonymous said...

speechless