Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Disney Princesses On Ice.

Hope the week is going well for everybody out there.

I spent last night at Disney Princesses On Ice with my wife, 4 year-old daughter Harley AND some wonderful friends of ours along with their 3 year-old little girl. Both of the girls were decked out in the princess get up, darling. I

was first of thankful that I was able to bring Harley to such an event. She was completely mesmerized by it all. The climax for her was the appearance of Cinderella.

In the midst of overpriced everything there was a wonderful moment provided us by the Make A Wish Foundation (www.Wish.org). Two beautiful little girls were invited on to the ice to spend time with their heroes, these Disney Princesses. Make A Wish grants wishes to children with life-threatening medical conditions. So you can only imagine what these little girls and their families have endured.

I'm not sure what I'm trying to say here exactly. But it was Good, Kind, Just. It made me wish I could bring every underprivileged little girl in OKC to such an event, so that their dreams could come true OR to help them begin to dream again OR for the first time.

What if the church helped people live again, dream again, love again, smile again, dance again, cry again, give again, on and on and on?

No comments: