Thursday, July 5, 2007

OKC Church.

This week I had the wonderful privilege and opportunity to hang with my new pal Robert Davis. Robert is one of the Internet Campus pastors for LifeChurch.tv...yes, an Internet campus. Brings a whole dimension to the question, "What does it look like for us to BE the church here and now?" Check out what Robert is up to at www.LifeChurch.tv and click the Go To Church Online tab. You can also find Robert hanging out with us at KAMP's on Sunday evening from time to time.

Robert showed me all around the Edmond Campus and more importantly introduced me to a dozen or so people serving on staff there. It was great to connect with Danny Vaughn, the Pastor of Missions. He was very interested, intrigued and encouraged by Mars Hill. It was fun to tell him about YOU, the church.

I am thankful for Life Church and glad to BE the church right alongside of them in OKC.

Also hung out with Chuck Newkirk, Teaching Pastor at Henderson Hills Church in Edmond. Chuck is a 30-year old husband, dad of one with another coming soon. Great community of people being church in the Edmond area. This is a 40 year old church that has a wonderful history of caring for people all over the world. It was encouraging to hear Chuck tell me about the 500 - 600 people that have traveled overseas this year to extend the love and mercy of Christ. You can learn more about Henderson Hill at www.HendersonHills.com.

I am thankful for Henderson Hills and glad to BE the church right alongside of them in OKC.

So, let's find be connoisseurs and dispensers of good.

1 comment:

John Blanchard said...

Great to meet you during your visit to the Internet Campus!

I know my wife and I will be coming by soon!