Monday, July 2, 2007

Up Thinking About.

We had a great evening at KAMP's tonight.

It was week #2 in the This Beautiful Mess series. I'll post the highlights from the talk on Monday.

Jenna Davis led us beautifully in worship. You should all (all 3 of you that read this that is) check out her stuff at www.JennaDavisMusic.com. I look forward to having her back at Mars Hill sometime soon.

My friends Ryan & Catherine Gikas just moved to mid-town OKC...welcome Gikas clan.

Enjoyed some post-Gathering Hideaway Pizza with the Mars Hill family.

Looking forward to a great week full of relational opportunities.

So here are a handful of things that I'm up thinking about. Actually, I've been thinking and rethinking on this for a couple of weeks now...so here goes.

These are a few things handed down twice removed that I'm sure could be traced back to Kevin Bacon's thought on church leadership. Kidding. They come from Granger Community Church (www.GccWired.com) via www.mattkeller.wordpress.com, a fellow ARC church-plant on what it it looks like to lead a church community.

1. Cast Vision for the Organization (in our case the church, not organizational BUT the church, you and me).
2. Communicate the Word of God effectively (growing into this).
3. Love his wife and kids like they need to be loved (love loving my family).
4. Take care of himself (starting some exercise this week, it's been a while).
5. Drink deeply from the well of God on behalf of the church (not content to know about God).

So, what are you up late OR early thinking about these days?

2 comments:

Jenn said...

well, one of the 3 of us did check out Jenna's stuff - she is very talented and I really enjoyed her worship at Kamp's last night.

One thing I was up thinking of was how I can better get myself into the Word (this will kind of get into your message from Kamp's, Ben). Maybe I lack some sense of spiritual maturity or something, but it is hard for me to just open up the Bible and start reading through it - I need guidance. So I went to Mardel today bought a Women of Faith devotional called "amazing freedom - devotions to free your spirit and fill your heart." And when I read the inside flap, I knew I was suppose to get this book - it said something that related to another one of your posts and a comment I made. The flap reads, "Many of us spend our time placing chains on ourselves and those closet to us. Often without realizing what we are doing, we make our world smaller and we put God in a box. The more we insist on owning and controlling, the less room we leave for God to work in our hearts." So I think I found a good resource to get this simpleton focusing on the the Divine Message again! Will let you know where it leads me.

luke said...

BNock, I love ya man. I'm love hearing your thoughts. It was a blast visiting you and Ryan last month. It was encouraging and refreshing just being around you guys and hearing your dreams. Thanks...

And I will be going out to Pasadena this fall. I'm excited. Scared, but I know it will be good.