Saturday, July 14, 2007

See The Morning.

Enjoyed an evening of dinner and late night conversation with friends last night. And enjoyed the start of a new day at breakfast with a couple of my buddies.

I love breakfast places because they're like a blast from the past where everybody is equally referred to as baby and honey and sweety. And when there is scrambled eggs, sausage, hash browns and black coffee involved, you know it not a come on or a pick up line. It's good ole' middle America comin' at you.

First of all, they have this ridiculously expensive OJ (orange juice). It's fresh squeezed and makes you pucker. But while chugging it down, I just knew it was doing good stuff for me. Oh yeah, it was $4.89. More than the cost of my ham and cheese omelet.

As we sat around Classen Grill (where northwest expressway end at classen) we discussed the beauty of getting up in the morning on a bright and sunny Saturday. Why stay in bed or lounge around when you could step into a day like today OR any other day for that matter? My lifelong friend John Wayne (yes, the duke) talked about the newness of each day. The brightness. Light. The energy. Hope. The awakening. Brand new. The energy. Mercy. The life. Activity. The fresh start.

A subtly significant moment. Our lives are full of them. And I got to see cheese grits for the first time compliments to my roughest toughest tenderest friend Cole.

See the morning...receive the mercy...start again.

No comments: