Tuesday, July 24, 2007

What People Are Saying.

I thought I would post what people are saying about Mars Hill from time to time. Here are few thoughts that I received yesterday. Let this not merely provoke praise for Mars Hill. Allow it to help us see where and how the Kingdom (how thing really are and how things should really be) is breaking in.

Please make sure to add to the story. And be thinking of people you are investing in, influencing and inviting into the kingdom reality (and Mars Hill). Let's tell one big story, together.

"Yesterday was very powerful, thanks for the great word. I really pray that more and more people begin to carry the burden that you sense for the community. I know that it is exactly how our Father feels for our community. I appreciate you carrying His word so alive in you. Your passion to reach people is, again, very powerful."

"It was a really neat experience, worshipping with all of Mars Hill. We really enjoyed it and had lots of conversation afterward about many of the questions we had written down. We really appreciate the talk that you gave to us to inspire us to really be Christ to those around us in our community and our neighborhood. You are a blessing."

"I love being a part of Mars Hill...thanks for starting something people needed."

I love it too.
Ben.

2 comments:

buffalocreative said...

I love mars hill and didn't know i would love her this much. God pushed me here and now my heart is being stolen by a movement of people who are aching to "be" the church...not just find a new way to "do" church. This is the life, the adventure, the kingdom. I am excited about exploring the oppurtunities and needs that mars hill can engage.
I love the mandate to dream....with the motivation that if we don't, we will spend our lives fulfilling someone else's dream.

:) Mary McClure :) said...

being a piece of marshill feels great...my kids get to watch and learn from so many of you...my family...myself included...is very grateful for a group of people who want and need more...grear told me on the way home this past sunday..."that was pretty fun, mommy...did you have fun?"...we all enjoy being a piece of marshill...from worship to my kids playing with play-dough to ben opening his big heart to seeing faces i've seen my whole life to faces i see for the first time...see you all soon...mary